Oren Scott & Annie Fowkes Grove
OS AND ANNIE GROVE
GROVE FAMILY HISTORY
(LNU=LAST NAME UNKNOWN)
Descendants of Jacob Grove
Generation No. 1
1. JACOB 1 GROVE was born Abt. 1800 in Maryland. He married ELIZABETH LNU. She was born Abt. 1799 in Pennsylvania.
Notes for JACOB GROVE:
Jefferson County PA
GROVE, Jacob- age 50-Blacksmith- Property value 1100
Elizabeth- age 51
Ann- age 23
Nancy- age 21
Jacob- age 18- Laborer
Elizabeth- age 16
George- age 13
Francis- age 8
James- age 4
William- age 2
Indiana Coounty PA
GROVE, Jacob-age 59- farmer- value real estate 1500- assets 200- born Maryland
Elizabeth- age 61- wife- born Pennsylvania
Nancy- age is questionable- should be 25- looks like 27 or 37- house keeper
Francis- age 17- farm laborer
Ann- age 30- house keeper
There are 4 more children listed with different surnames-
James A ?? - age11
Wm H Pouth- age 6
GS Mitchell- age 4
George W Blose- age 2
Jefferson County PA
GROVE,Jacob-age 69- born Maryland
Elizabeth- age 72- keeping house
Nancy- age 30- at home
Oren- age 5
Mary C- age 5
Where is Elizabeth, sibling of Oren and Mary C? She would have been 9 yr old.
1880 census shows her married to Luther Mitchell.
Children of JACOB GROVE and ELIZABETH LNU are:
i. ANN 2 GROVE, b. Abt. 1827.
ii. NANCY GROVE, b. Abt. 1829.
iii. JACOB GROVE, b. Abt. 1832.
iv. ELIZABETH GROVE, b. Abt. 1834.
v. GEORGE GROVE, b. Abt. 1837.
vi. FRANCIS GROVE, b. Abt. 1842.
vii. JAMES GROVE, b. Abt. 1846.
viii. WILLIAM GROVE, b. Abt. 1848.
2. ix. UNKNOWN GROVE. (I added this for Scott Grove's father since I don't know for sure yet who he was)
Generation No. 2
2. UNKNOWN 2 GROVE (JACOB 1) He married NANCY ANN LNU. She was born 1835, and died 1911.
Children of UNKNOWN GROVE and NANCY LNU are:
3. i. OREN SCOTT 3 GROVE, b. May 23, 1865, Reynoldsville PA, Jefferson County, Perry Twp; d. November 25, 1955, Penn Twp, Butler Co PA.
ii. MARY CATHERINE GROVE, b. May 23, 1865, Jefferson County PA; d. August 18, 1908; m. CAMERON CLINTON MYERS, 1885.
Notes for MARY CATHERINE GROVE:
a twin to Oren Grove;
According to the Myers family, Mary Catherine was born in Hamilton, Perry Twp, Jefferson County PA
4. iii. ELIZABETH GROVE, b. Abt. 1861.
Generation No. 3
3. OREN SCOTT 3 GROVE (UNKNOWN2, JACOB1) was born May 23, 1865 in Reynoldsville PA, Jefferson Co,Perry Twp, and died November 25, 1955 in Penn Twp, Butler Co PA. He married (2) ANNIE FOWKES. She died March 12, 1956. He married (1) MARY REBECCA WHITE September 09, 1904, daughter of JAMES WHITE and LUCINDA ANDERSON. She was born March 04, 1877, and died February 20, 1910 in Goheenville PA.
Notes for OREN SCOTT GROVE:
buried Rehobeth Cemetery, New Bethlehem, PA, Armstrong Co.
farmer; elder in RPC;
a twin to Mary Catherine (Myers)
ORREN SCOTT GROVE
Orren Scott Grove , 90, died suddenly at 3:45am today at his home ,Butler RD6, Penn Twp.
Mr Grove was born in Reynoldsville. He was a retired farmer and former elder of the Rehobeth Reformed Presbyterian Church, Armstron Co.
Surviving are his widow, Mrs Annie Fowkes Grove; a daughter, Mrs Paul H Blair of Butler RD6; and 4 grandchildren.
GROVE-Friends of Orren Scott Grove, Butler RD6 Penn Twp, who died Nov 25, 1955, will be received at the Atwell Funeral Home 137 W Jefferson St from 2-5 and 7-9 , Friday. The body will be removed to the Rehobeth RPC, Armstrong County, where friends will be received from 2-3 pm Saturday. Funeral services will be held at 3pm Saturday from the church with the Rev. Delbert H Elliott, DD, Pastor of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Mars, officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Arrangements by Atwell Funeral Home.
1880 US CENSUS:
Perry, Jefferson Co, PA
Source FHL Film 1255136 National Archives Film T9-1136 Page133A
John MOTTERN- self- M- Mar-White- (age ) Born PA
Harriet MOTTERN- wife- F - Mar- White -(age ) Born PA
Hester MOTTERN- other- F- Single-Age 1- Born PA
Scott GROVE- other-M- Single- Age 15- Born PA
Jefferson County PA, Perry Twp
GROVE, Jacob-age 69-Laborer- born Maryland
Elisabeth -age 72- keeping house- born PA
Nancy- age 30- at home
S??? Oren - age 5- at home
Mary C - age 5- at home
Children of OREN GROVE and MARY WHITE are:
5. i. EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, b. May 06, 1907, Goheenville, PA; d. June 17, 1966, Butler , PA at home.
ii. JAMES GROVE, b. February 28, 1909; d. August 1910.
Notes for JAMES GROVE:
died of diphtheria ; buried at Rehobeth Cemetery, New Bethlehem, PA
iii. UNNAMED TWINS GROVE, b. died at birth.
4. ELIZABETH 3 GROVE (UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born Abt. 1861. She married LUTHER MITCHELL. He was born Abt. 1854.
Notes for ELIZABETH GROVE:
According to 1880 US Census:
Place: Perrysville, Jefferson, PA
Source: FHL 1255136 National Archives Film T9-1136 Page 129B
Luther MITCHELL- self-M-Mar-White-Age 26-Born PA
Lizzie MITCHELL- wife-F-Mar-White-Age 19- Born PA
Mary M MITCHELL- dau-F-Single-White- Age 9 mos- Born PA
Mary GROVE- sister-F-Single-White- Age 15- Born PA-
This is Oren's twin, Mary Catherine-age fits
Child of ELIZABETH GROVE and LUTHER MITCHELL is:
i. MARY M 4 MITCHELL, b. Abt. 1880.
Generation No. 4
5. EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE (OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born May 06, 1907 in Goheenville, PA, and died June 17, 1966 in Butler , PA at home. She married PAUL HENRY BLAIR August 1929 in by Rev. James Mitchell at the Grove farm, Leatherwood, PA, Clarion Cty., son of REV. BLAIR and REBECCA HARTZELL. He was born August 29, 1904 in Butler , PA at home, and died November 11, 1983 in Butler Hospital, Butler PA, Butler County.
Notes for EVELYN ISABEL GROVE:
OBITUARY from Butler Eagle:
Friday, June 17, 1966
MRS PAUL H BLAIR
Mrs Isabel Evelyn Blair, 59, of Butler RD6, died suddenly at 6:30 am today at her home.
Born May 6, 1907, in Goheenville, she was a daughter of the late Scott and Mamie White Grove.
Mrs Blair was a member of the North Union Reformed Covenanter Church. A former teacher, she had resumed professional activity and taught last year at Holy Sepulcher School.
Surviving are her husband , Paul H Blair; two sons, James S of Brackenridge, and Wendell, at home; two daughters, Mrs Dickey (Mary) Riggleman of Columbus OH, and Wilma Joyce Blair of Pittsburgh; and 6 grandchildren.
BLAIR- Friends of Mrs Isabel Evelyn Blair of Butler RD6 who died Friday, June 17, 1966, will be received at the Atwell Funeral home 137 W Jefferson St from 2-5 and 7-9 Saturday and Sunday. Funeral arrangements are incomplete. Arrangements by Atwell.
Notes for PAUL HENRY BLAIR:
OBITUARY, BUTLER EAGLE, NOV 12,1983
PAUL H BLAIR
Paul H Blair, 79, of Royal Oak Road Butler RD died at 11:22am yesterday at Butler Memorial Hospital, after an illness.
Born Aug 29, 1904 in Penn Twp,on the farm on which he still resided at the time of his death, he was the son of the Rev. T James and Rebecca Ella Hartzell Blair.
Mr Blair was a retired lifelong farmer.
He was a life member and elder of the North Union Reformed Presbyterian Church, where his father was a minister in the late 1800s.
His wife , Evelyn Isabel Grove Blair , died June 17, 1966.
Surviving are two daughters, Mrs Dick (Mary Ethel) Riggleman of Tucson AZ, and Mrs Lon (Joyce) Dovenspike of Brookville; two sons, James S Blair of Valdosta GA, and Wendell P Blair of Butler RD6; 10 grandchildren and a sister, Mrs Keith (Ethel )White of Butler RD6.
BLAIR- Friends of Paul H Blair of Royal Oak Road, Butler RD6 , who died Friday , Nov 11, 1983, will be received at the Young Funeral Home, Butler from 7-9 pm Saturday and from 2-4 and 7-9 pm Sunday. Funeral services will be held at 2pm Monday from North Union Reformed Presbyterian Church , with the Rev. Wayne Spear, pastor, officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Arrangements by Young.
Children of EVELYN GROVE and PAUL BLAIR are:
6. i. JAMES SCOTT 5 BLAIR, b. November 29, 1931, Butler PA, Butler County.
7. ii. MARY ETHEL BLAIR, b. July 21, 1933, Penn Twp, Butler County PA; d. October 28, 2001, Tucson AZ, at home.
iii. DORIS ELLEN BLAIR, b. September 23, 1935, Penn Twp, Butler Co PA; d. September 23, 1935.
Notes for DORIS ELLEN BLAIR:
per Mary B Riggleman:
<<She was not stillborn. She was a 7 month baby as Typhoid Fever caused the early delivery. She lived only about an hour, though. They told mother that because of the high fever she had, the baby would have had severe brain damage. Mother almost died herself.>>
iv. WILMA JOYCE BLAIR, b. March 06, 1941, Grove City PA Butler Co; m. (2) JAMES BLOEMERS; m. (1) LONNIE DOVENSPIKE, March 06.
8. v. WENDELL PAUL BLAIR, b. August 13, 1944, Grove City , Butler County PA.
Generation No. 5
6. JAMES SCOTT 5 BLAIR (EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born November 29, 1931 in Butler PA, Butler County. He married MARY LOUISE RUNYON July 05, 1954 in Nixon Methodist Church,Penn Twp, Butler Co, daughter of FRED RUNYON and WINIFRED LAUDERDALE. She was born April 19, 1933 in Valley Twp,Kittanning PA,Armstrong Co..
Children of JAMES BLAIR and MARY RUNYON are:
9. i. STEPHEN JAMES 6 BLAIR, b. September 25, 1956, Butler , Butler County PA.
10. ii. SUSAN JOYCE BLAIR, b. February 27, 1959, Butler , Butler County PA.
11. iii. ELLEN LOUISE BLAIR, b. December 01, 1963, Natrona Heights ,PA, Allegheny County.
7. MARY ETHEL 5 BLAIR (EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born July 21, 1933 in Penn Twp, Butler County PA, and died October 28, 2001 in Tucson AZ, at home. She married DICKIE O'NEAL RIGGLEMAN September 03, 1956 in at home,Penn Twp Butler Co PA, son of WILLIAM RIGGLEMAN and BEATRICE DEPOY. He was born October 02, 1933 in Buckhannon WV.
Notes for MARY ETHEL BLAIR:
RIGGLEMAN, Mary E., 68, went to be with her Lord October 28, 2001. Survived by her husband, Dickie ``Dick'' Riggleman; children William Paul (Robyn), Michael J. (Elizabeth), Lucinda (David) Makus; grandchildren Erynn, Christopher, Dane, Blair, Drew and Brynn; brothers James and Wendell Blair; sister Joyce Bloomers; uncle Keith White and cousin John White, Funeral Service will be 11:00 a.m. Thursday, November 1, 2001 at EAST LAWN PALMS CHAPEL, 5801 E. Grant Rd. Burial to follow at East Lawn Palms Cemetery.
Children of MARY BLAIR and DICKIE RIGGLEMAN are:
12. i. WILLIAM PAUL 6 RIGGLEMAN, b. June 18, 1957, Grove City PA Butler County.
ii. MICHAEL JOHN RIGGLEMAN, b. March 22, 1959, Grove City PA Butler County; m. ELIZABETH ANN DODGE, June 14, 1985, 1st Presbyterian Church, Minot ND; b. October 14, 1950, Lancaster OH.
13. iii. LUCINDA ANN RIGGLEMAN, b. August 21, 1962, Lockbourne AF Base,Columbus OH.
8. WENDELL PAUL 5 BLAIR (EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born August 13, 1944 in Grove City , Butler County PA. He married MARILYN GRACE IMM June 21, 1969 in New Kensington, PA,Manchester RPC by Rev. Robt Fullerton, daughter of GEORGE IMM and GAYLE BEST. She was born April 19, 1947 in New Kensington, PA Westmoreland County.
Children of WENDELL BLAIR and MARILYN IMM are:
14. i. PAUL HENRY II 6 BLAIR, b. April 12, 1971, Natrona Heights PA Allegheny County.
ii. JENNIFER JANE BLAIR, b. August 17, 1973, Natrona Heights, PA, Allegheny County; m. KEITH WILLIAM VULHOP, September 02, 2000, United Methodist Church, Butler PA by Rev J David Panther; b. May 02, 1972, Covington, KY.
15. iii. WENDY JOY BLAIR, b. November 01, 1975, Natrona Heights , PA Allegheny County.
iv. AMANDA MARIE BLAIR, b. August 16, 1977, Natrona Heights, PA, Allegheny County.
Notes for AMANDA MARIE BLAIR:
Generation No. 6
9. STEPHEN JAMES 6 BLAIR (JAMES SCOTT 5, EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born September 25, 1956 in Butler , Butler County PA. He married BETH ANN NICHOLAS October 18, 1986, daughter of ARTHUR JR and MARY THOMAS. She was born October 11, 1957 in Scranton PA.
Child of STEPHEN BLAIR and BETH NICHOLAS is:
i. BROOKE ELIZABETH 7 BLAIR, b. July 10, 1996, St Clair Hospital, Mt Lebanon, PA Allegheny County.
10. SUSAN JOYCE 6 BLAIR (JAMES SCOTT 5, EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born February 27, 1959 in Butler , Butler County PA. She married PETER BROOKE SKEEL August 22, 1981 in North Carolina, John Knox Presby. Ch, Shelby, son of THOMAS SKEEL and CATHERINE HENSS. He was born September 10, 1954 in Cleveland OH, Cuyahoga County.
Children of SUSAN BLAIR and PETER SKEEL are:
i. ROBERT ELLIS 7 SKEEL, b. April 05, 1986, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny County.
ii. STEWART BLAIR SKEEL, b. June 11, 1988, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny County.
11. ELLEN LOUISE 6 BLAIR (JAMES SCOTT 5, EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born December 01, 1963 in Natrona Heights ,PA, Allegheny County. She married RICKY LEE BRACKETT May 25, 1985 in North Carolina, John Knox Presby. Ch, Shelby, son of CARL BRACKETT and FNU CURRY. He was born October 15, 1963 in Shelby, NC.
Children of ELLEN BLAIR and RICKY BRACKETT are:
i. NICHOLAS SCOTT 7 BRACKETT, b. December 08, 1989.
ii. CONNOR BRACKETT.
12. WILLIAM PAUL 6 RIGGLEMAN (MARY ETHEL 5 BLAIR, EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born June 18, 1957 in Grove City PA Butler County. He married ROBYN LYNN INORIO March 14, 1981 in Arizona,St Pius X Catholic Ch, Tucson, daughter of PETER INORIO and SHARON BLOUGH. She was born May 17, 1958 in Tucson,Arizona.
Children of WILLIAM RIGGLEMAN and ROBYN INORIO are:
i. ERYNN LYNN 7 RIGGLEMAN, b. December 02, 1983, Tucson,Arizona.
ii. CHRISTOPHER PAUL RIGGLEMAN, b. April 25, 1987, Tucson,Arizona.
iii. DREW RIGGLEMAN, b. 1993.
13. LUCINDA ANN 6 RIGGLEMAN (MARY ETHEL 5 BLAIR, EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born August 21, 1962 in Lockbourne AF Base,Columbus OH. She married DAVID GEORGE MAKUS April 23, 1983 in Arizona, Davis Monthan Base Chapel, Tucson, son of CLARENCE MAKUS and SHIRLEY PHELPS.
Children of LUCINDA RIGGLEMAN and DAVID MAKUS are:
i. BLAIR ELIZABETH 7 MAKUS.
ii. BRYNN ISABEL MAKUS.
iii. DANE ONEAL MAKUS, b. February 13, 1989, Tucson,Arizona.
14. PAUL HENRY II 6 BLAIR (WENDELL PAUL 5, EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born April 12, 1971 in Natrona Heights PA Allegheny County. He married AMY LOUISE DIETRICH November 13, 1994 in By Rev Robert McCracken at Manchester RPC, Lower Burrell, PA, Westmoreland County, daughter of DAVID DIETRICH and JOYCE GARRIS. She was born January 18, 1970 in Butler PA Butler County.
Notes for PAUL HENRY II BLAIR:
1992 graduate of Ohio Diesel Tech in Cleveland Ohio.
Graduated at top of class, good citizen award.
Knoch High School FFA 1989 president.
Children of PAUL BLAIR and AMY DIETRICH are:
i. JOYCE ELLEN 7 BLAIR, b. July 01, 1997, North Hills Passavant Hosp, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny County.
Notes for JOYCE ELLEN BLAIR:
At 4 yrs old, Joyce joined a sign language group and performs with them .
ii. PAUL HENRY BLAIR III, b. February 16, 1999, North Hills Passavant Hosp, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny County.
iii. DANIEL GARRIS BLAIR, b. January 17, 2001, North Hills Passavant Hosp, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny County.
15. WENDY JOY 6 BLAIR (WENDELL PAUL 5, EVELYN ISABEL 4 GROVE, OREN SCOTT 3, UNKNOWN 2, JACOB 1) was born November 01, 1975 in Natrona Heights , PA Allegheny County. She married CORY JAY VALENTINE June 20, 1998 in College Hill Reformed Presby Church, Beaver Falls, PA by Rev Tim Russell, son of JAMES VALENTINE and VICKIE GATTON. He was born August 03, 1975 in Johnson City, NY, Broome County.
Notes for CORY JAY VALENTINE:
Diehard Yankee fan
Children of WENDY BLAIR and CORY VALENTINE are:
i. ISAAC JOSIAH 7 VALENTINE, b. May 24, 2000, Johnson City, NY,Broome County.
ii. ESTHER JOY VALENTINE, b. July 13, 2002, Johnson City New York, Broome County.