THOMPSON FAMILY HISTORY
Descendants of John Thompson
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 THOMPSON was born 1765 in County Armagh Ireland. He married ELIZABETH MCMULLEN.
More About JOHN THOMPSON:
Children of JOHN THOMPSON and ELIZABETH MCMULLEN are:
2. i. JOHN2 THOMPSON, b. 1811; d. 1893.
3. ii. JAMES THOMPSON, b. 1809; d. 1861.
iii. WILLIAM THOMPSON, b. 1807; m. MARGARET LNU.
iv. ALEXANDER THOMPSON.
4. v. WILLIAM THOMPSON, b. 1820; d. 1898.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 THOMPSON (JOHN1) was born 1811, and died 1893. He married MARY MCKNIGHT 1843, daughter of JOSEPH MCKNIGHT and ELIZABETH CONNER. She was born 1825, and died 1904.
Notes for JOHN THOMPSON:
John and Mary had 13 children..6 died in infancy.
farmer, post office Monroeville, PA, was born in County Armagh, Ireland. His parents came to America in 1812, and settled soon after on the farm where our John resided. His father, John, died at age 102, and his mother died at the age of 45.
Member of the UP church.
Notes for MARY MCKNIGHT:
Obituary from Pittsburgh Press July 13, 1904
'Mrs. Mary N Thompson, 79 years old, a resident of Patton Township for more than three-quarters of a century, died yesterday from apoplexy. She was the widow of Colonel John Thompson of Monroeville. Mrs Thompson was born in the Turtle Creek Valley in 1825. She was a lifelong member of the Old Stone Presbyterian Church of Monroeville. Two sons survive her."
This obituary has multiple errors: she died July 11, not July 12; she had three , not two, sons survive her, plus three daughters; she didn't move into Patton Twp until she was a teenager.
More About JOHN THOMPSON and MARY MCKNIGHT:
Children of JOHN THOMPSON and MARY MCKNIGHT are:
5. i. NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, b. April 03, 1855, Monroeville PA,Allegheny Co; d. March 03, 1918.
6. ii. WILLIAM C THOMPSON, b. 1847; d. 1914, Cannonsburg OH.
7. iii. JOHN ALEXANDER THOMPSON, b. December 30, 1849, Pennsylvania; d. September 23, 1898, Cannonsburg OH Hancock County.
8. iv. ANNA MARY THOMPSON, b. 1852; d. 1938.
9. v. JAMES ALBERT THOMPSON, b. 1857; d. 1937.
10. vi. ELMER ELLSWORTH THOMPSON, b. 1862; d. 1937.
11. vii. REBECCA E THOMPSON, b. 1863.
viii. HENRY KELSO THOMPSON, b. 1860; d. 1860.
ix. ROBERT THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1848; d. Abt. 1848, infancy.
x. HENRY THOMPSON, d. 1848.
xi. SARAH THOMPSON, d. 1846.
3. JAMES2 THOMPSON (JOHN1) was born 1809, and died 1861. He married JANE DONLEY. She was born 1816, and died 1877.
More About JAMES THOMPSON:
Aka (Facts Pg): "James the Elder"
Children of JAMES THOMPSON and JANE DONLEY are:
i. ROBERT3 THOMPSON.
12. ii. JOHN THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1840, "in Kentucky".
iii. ELIZABETH THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1843.
iv. ALEXANDER THOMPSON, b. 1844; d. 1920; m. SARAH ANN KEISTER; b. 1851; d. 1937.
v. JULIA THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1846.
vi. JAMES THOMPSON.
vii. AGNES THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1850.
viii. WILLIAM THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1851.
ix. CATHERINE THOMPSON.
x. JOSIAH THOMPSON.
xi. ALICE THOMPSON, b. 1857; d. 1866.
xii. JACKSON THOMPSON, b. 1859.
4. WILLIAM2 THOMPSON (JOHN1) was born 1820, and died 1898. He married AGNES DONLEY.
Children of WILLIAM THOMPSON and AGNES DONLEY are:
i. ROBERT DONLEY3 THOMPSON, b. 1847; d. 1915; m. LAVANTIA MARSHALL; b. 1860; d. 1946.
ii. AGNES THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1850.
Generation No. 3
5. NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON (JOHN2, JOHN1) was born April 03, 1855 in Monroeville PA,Allegheny Co, and died March 03, 1918. She married DAVID HARRISON CLEMENTS Abt. 1871, son of JAMES CLEMENTS and MARGARET MCCREADY. He was born October 26, 1854 in Sardis, PA,Westmoreland Co, and died August 15, 1925 in his residence.
Notes for NANCY JANE THOMPSON:
buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, Allegheny Co.,PA
Notes for DAVID HARRISON CLEMENTS:
farmer;teamster; buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co PA
Children of NANCY THOMPSON and DAVID CLEMENTS are:
13. i. MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, b. June 24, 1880, Renton PAPlum Boro, Allegheny Co; d. July 10, 1959, New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
14. ii. MARGARET MCCREADY CLEMENTS, b. November 17, 1879; d. May 09, 1953, Woodville State Hospital.
iii. AGNES LAVANTIA CLEMENTS, b. May 28, 1886; d. October 15, 1934, Citizens General Hosp, New Kensington, PA.
Notes for AGNES LAVANTIA CLEMENTS:
unmarried; died of 'a lingering illness'; buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co, PA
iv. RACHEL LUELLA CLEMENTS, b. February 28, 1884, 'on the farm'; d. November 14, 1943; m. JAMES T CUNLIFFE, November 26, 1913.
Notes for RACHEL LUELLA CLEMENTS:
handwritten family record shows death date as 1950?
buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co,PA
More About JAMES CUNLIFFE and RACHEL CLEMENTS:
Marriage: November 26, 1913
15. v. NINNIE CONNOR CLEMENTS, b. November 10, 1895; d. July 06, 1950.
16. vi. REBECCA ELVIRA CLEMENTS, b. August 10, 1897; d. January 26, 1984.
17. vii. DAVID HARRISON CLEMENTS, b. February 11, 1892.
viii. ANNA VIDA CLEMENTS, b. July 14, 1882; d. Abt. 1967, New Kensington PA; m. JACOB J SMITH, June 04, 1924, by Justice of Peace; b. July 31, 1886, Edgecliff; d. November 23, 1955, VA Hospital.
Notes for ANNA VIDA CLEMENTS:
? birth date may be 1882,1883 according to various records. From a letter from the Bethel UP Church , Monroeville PA, dated 3/30/1966: she was baptized on Oct 21, 1882 as an infant.
died at home in New Kensington, PA of pneumonia; buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co,PA
Notes for JACOB J SMITH:
according to written family record, death date could have been 1955
18. ix. JOHN THOMPSON CLEMENTS, b. July 03, 1888.
6. WILLIAM C3 THOMPSON (JOHN2, JOHN1) was born 1847, and died 1914 in Cannonsburg OH. He married MILLIE RICKETS. She was born 1853, and died 1935.
Notes for WILLIAM C THOMPSON:
From the Bluffton News, March 12, 1914:
" Wlliam Thompson born in Allegheny County PA May 5, 1847... came to Hancock County in 1892, residing on a farm west of Beaverdam, until the fall of 1909, when he moved to Beaverdam. Deceased was married September 6, 1877 to Miss Millie Rickets. One daughter was born to this union, who died April 1, 1899, aged 18 years. In his early manhood, he was a member of the United Presbyterian Church and afterwards identified with the Presbyterian Church, although not a member."
Death certificate states he died of Multiple Neuritis. May have been an alcoholic.
Child of WILLIAM THOMPSON and MILLIE RICKETS is:
i. MAMIE4 THOMPSON.
Notes for MAMIE THOMPSON:
Obituary from Bluffton News, April 6, 1899 (Thursday)
"Mamie Thompson died Saturday morning at 7 o'clock. The funeral was held Monday at 11 am at Rockport, conducted by Rev. Helms of Columbus Grove. Mamie was a bright, lovable girl and by her death the parents lose the joy of their home, being the only child. She was loved by all, and will be greatly missed by her associates. Her last words were, "come nearer mamma, I'm going home." She was aged 17 years and 11 months."
7. JOHN ALEXANDER3 THOMPSON (JOHN2, JOHN1) was born December 30, 1849 in Pennsylvania, and died September 23, 1898 in Cannonsburg OH Hancock County. He married SUSANNAH HOY April 11, 1871 in Pennsylvania. She was born February 22, 1851 in Pennsylvania, and died January 11, 1917 in Hancock County OH.
Notes for JOHN ALEXANDER THOMPSON:
Obituary from 9/29/98 Bluffton News:
John A Thompson, a well known farmer of Union Township, died Friday evening at 9:00 at his home near Cannonsburg, of heart failure. He had been suffering with malarial fever and stomach trouble, but his condition did not seem to threaten serious results. The announcement of his death was therefore a surprise to many of his friends. The deceased was about 50 years of age and pretty well known throughout the county through his labors as a stockbuyer and his activity as a member of the county agricultural board. Undertaker Wilson of this place, conducted the funeral Monday forenoon.
More About JOHN THOMPSON and SUSANNAH HOY:
Marriage: April 11, 1871, Pennsylvania
Children of JOHN THOMPSON and SUSANNAH HOY are:
19. i. HARRY HOY4 THOMPSON, b. December 07, 1872; d. January 02, 1943.
ii. NINA BELLE THOMPSON, b. 1876; d. 1965; m. WILLIAM AMI MARSHALL; b. 1866; d. 1939.
More About WILLIAM AMI MARSHALL:
20. iii. FRANK CARL THOMPSON, b. November 08, 1878, Ohio; d. April 17, 1958.
21. iv. ROD MCCLELLAND THOMPSON, b. November 10, 1881, Ohio; d. January 07, 1971, Ohio.
v. MARY AGNES THOMPSON, b. 1884; d. 1909; m. JAMES CLEMENT MARSHALL; b. 1875; d. 1932.
vi. JOHN WARREN THOMPSON, b. 1887; d. 1954; m. DAWN CORNWELL; b. 1888; d. 1978.
8. ANNA MARY3 THOMPSON (JOHN2, JOHN1) was born 1852, and died 1938. She married FRANCIS SAMUEL MCCLURE. He was born 1848, and died 1942.
Child of ANNA THOMPSON and FRANCIS MCCLURE is:
i. FRANCIS C4 MCCLURE, b. 1886; d. 1980; m. ALICE EAKMAN.
9. JAMES ALBERT3 THOMPSON (JOHN2, JOHN1) was born 1857, and died 1937. He married WESTANNA FLORENCE KENNEDY. She was born 1858, and died 1937.
Children of JAMES THOMPSON and WESTANNA KENNEDY are:
i. MARVENUS KENNEDY4 THOMPSON, b. 1879; d. 1949; m. MARTHA DUFF.
ii. WILBUR E THOMPSON, b. 1881; d. 1968; m. HAZEL GOFF.
22. iii. RHODACELLA A THOMPSON, b. 1884; d. 1980.
iv. ALEXANDER M THOMPSON, b. 1887; d. 1962; m. SARAH SILVES.
v. CHARLES KENDALL THOMPSON, b. 1891; d. 1987; m. (1) LULA V SCHLOSSNAGEL; b. 1892; d. 1928; m. (2) MARGARET R BAHLEDA; b. 1909; d. 1991.
vi. LLOYD MCNALL THOMPSON, b. 1904; d. 1956; m. MARIAN LNU.
10. ELMER ELLSWORTH3 THOMPSON (JOHN2, JOHN1) was born 1862, and died 1937. He married SARAH JANE ANDERSON. She was born 1861, and died 1942.
More About ELMER ELLSWORTH THOMPSON:
Children of ELMER THOMPSON and SARAH ANDERSON are:
i. MELLIE4 THOMPSON, b. 1884.
ii. PLUMER THOMPSON, b. 1887; d. 1913.
iii. GAYLE MCK THOMPSON, b. 1896; d. 1972; m. KARL O MILLER.
11. REBECCA E3 THOMPSON (JOHN2, JOHN1) was born 1863. She married GEORGE A ANDERSON. He was born 1854, and died 1933.
Children of REBECCA THOMPSON and GEORGE ANDERSON are:
i. JOHN T4 ANDERSON, b. 1886; m. (1) CORA BELLE RINGS; b. 1883; d. 1958; m. (2) LENA R TOUTZ; d. Aft. June 1965.
ii. ELLA RENA ANDERSON, b. 1889; d. 1934; m. ROBERT E MCLAY.
12. JOHN3 THOMPSON (JAMES2, JOHN1) was born Abt. 1840 in "in Kentucky". He married RACHEL JANE CLUGSTON. She was born 1840.
Child of JOHN THOMPSON and RACHEL CLUGSTON is:
23. i. OLIVER MURRAY4 THOMPSON, d. 1953.
Generation No. 4
13. MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS (NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born June 24, 1880 in Renton PAPlum Boro, Allegheny Co, and died July 10, 1959 in New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co. She married CLARENCE MICHAEL BEST March 23, 1904 in Renton PA;Clements farm,Plum Boro,Allegheny Co, son of GEORGE BEST and ANNA MALLISEE. He was born October 16, 1877 in Murrysville PA, and died March 27, 1948 in New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
Notes for MARY NAN MCKNIGHT CLEMENTS:
buried at Plum Creek Cemetery; died at home, New Kensington, PA, Westmoreland Co. of pneumonia and congestive heart failure.
"Mrs. Mamie M Best, 79, 337 Freeport Road, New Kensington, died today (July 10, 1959) in her home.
She was born June 24, 1880 at New Texas, Plum, and had resided in this area most of her life. She was a daughter of the late David and Nancy Clements.
Mrs. Best was a member of the Parnassus United Presbyterian church.
Surviving are three sons: HT Best, Fox Chapel Rd; George C , at home; and Robert C Los Angeles CA; three daughters: Mrs Marie Leah, Arnold; Mrs Gayle Imm, New Kensington; and Mrs Rebecca Mouhat, Los Angeles CA. Two brothers, J Thompson Clements , D Harrison, both of New Kensington; two sisters: Mrs Vida Smith, Arnold; Mrs George Alter, Plum; and several grandchildren.
Friends will be received after 2pm Saturday at the Charles Hankey Memorial Home, 217 Freeport Rd, New Kensington, where services will be held Monday at 11am Rev. Arthur R Armstrong will officiate."
Notes for CLARENCE MICHAEL BEST:
buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co, PA
A teacher and a blacksmith;
died at home in New Kensington PA,Westmoreland Co of a coronary.
Church affiliation, United Presbyterian.
Clarence M Best was born October 16, 1877 in Murrysville PA and died of a coronary at home in New Kensington PA Westmoreland County on March 27, 1948.
He married Mary Nan McKnight (Mamie) Clements on March 23, 1904 in Renton PA on the Clements farm, Plum Boro Allegheny Co.
He was affiliated with the United Presbyterian Church in New Kensington.
He was a teacher and a blacksmith.
Survivors include: his wife, Mamie Clements Best;
sons George Clarence Best and Harry Thompson Best of New Kensington PA, and Robert Clements Best;
daughters Mrs George (Gayle) Imm, Mrs Edward (Grace) Binder, Mrs Joseph (Marie) Leah, and Mrs Albert (Jane) Mouhat.
Preceded in death by his parents George Michael and Susan Mallisee Best.
Burial was in Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas PA, Allegheny County.
Children of MARY CLEMENTS and CLARENCE BEST are:
24. i. GAYLE VIRGINIA5 BEST, b. October 26, 1914, New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
25. ii. LEILA GRACE BEST, b. January 09, 1905, Murrysville PA; d. December 24, 1955, New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
iii. GEORGE CLARENCE BEST, b. August 28, 1906, Murrysville PA; d. December 09, 1964, New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
Notes for GEORGE CLARENCE BEST:
unmarried; died of coronary, buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, PA, Allegheny Co.
"George C Best, 58, of 337 Freeport Road, New Kensington, died unexpectedly last night (Dec 9, 1964). Mr Best was going into the Moose Lodge on 5th Ave, New Kensington, and collapsed in the street in front of the building.
He was taken by ambulance to Citizens General Hospital, New Kensington, where he was pronounced dead on arrival at 10:30. Death was attributed to a heart seizure. Mr. Best had a history of heart trouble.
He was born Aug 28, 1906 in McKeesport to the late Clarence M and Mamie Clements Best, and lived in New Kensington most of his life.
An Army veteran of World War II, Mr Best received the Purple Heart in the European Theater. He was honorably discharged with 100 percent disability.
Prior to his military service, Mr Best was employed as a foreman in the cooking utensil division of New Kensington Works of Aluminum Co of America. Due to the injuries he suffered during World War II, Mr Best was able to work only about one year after his discharge.
he was a member of Loyal Order Of Moose, Lodge 53, New Kensington, and Disabled American Veterans.
Surviving are three sisters: Mrs. Joseph (Marie) Leah of Arnold; Mrs George (Gayle) Imm of 7th Street, New Kensington; Mrs Albert (Rebecca) Mouhat of Bell, Calif; two brothers: Harry T Best of Indiana Township, and Robert C Best of La Puente, Calif; another sister Mrs Grace Binder died in 1955.-
Friends may call after 7:30pm today in Ross G. Walker (successor to Charles H Hankey) Funeral Home, 217 Freeport Rd, New Kensington, where a service will be conducted at 11am Saturday. Burial will be in the family plot in Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Plum.
Members of the Loyal Order of Moose, Lodge 53, New Kensington, will assemble at 7:30pm tomorrow in the funeral home to participate in a memorial service. "
26. iv. VIDA MARIE BEST, b. December 28, 1909, McKeesport, PA,Allegheny Co; d. November 26, 1985, Emlenton PA,Venango Co.
27. v. REBECCA JANE BEST, b. April 25, 1916, New Kensington PA , Westmoreland Co; d. November 16, 1966, California.
28. vi. HARRY THOMPSON BEST, b. June 26, 1918, New Kensington PA , Westmoreland Co; d. November 06, 1984, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny Co.
29. vii. ROBERT CLEMENTS BEST, b. February 05, 1923, New Kensington PA , Westmoreland Co.
14. MARGARET MCCREADY4 CLEMENTS (NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born November 17, 1879, and died May 09, 1953 in Woodville State Hospital. She married JAMES T DAUGHERTY February 22, 1899.
Notes for MARGARET MCCREADY CLEMENTS:
?Alzheimers; buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co,PA
More About JAMES DAUGHERTY and MARGARET CLEMENTS:
Marriage: February 22, 1899
Children of MARGARET CLEMENTS and JAMES DAUGHERTY are:
i. JOSEPH5 DAUGHERTY.
Notes for JOSEPH DAUGHERTY:
died in childhood
ii. LETITIA DAUGHERTY.
Notes for LETITIA DAUGHERTY:
died in childhood
15. NINNIE CONNOR4 CLEMENTS (NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born November 10, 1895, and died July 06, 1950. She married CLYDE MENK March 19, 1918. He was born May 25, 1892, and died July 02, 1951 in at home.
Notes for NINNIE CONNOR CLEMENTS:
died of heart attack at home, buried in Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co PA
More About CLYDE MENK and NINNIE CLEMENTS:
Marriage: March 19, 1918
Children of NINNIE CLEMENTS and CLYDE MENK are:
i. CLYDE5 MENK, d. 1941.
ii. DAVID MENK, m. RUTH HARTGE.
16. REBECCA ELVIRA4 CLEMENTS (NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born August 10, 1897, and died January 26, 1984. She married GEORGE CRAWFORD JR ALTER February 25, 1919, son of GEORGE CRAWFORD and PRISCILLA MCMATH.
Notes for REBECCA ELVIRA CLEMENTS:
buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co PA
REBECCA E ALTER, PLUM
Rebecca E Alter, 86, of 1307 Old Leechburg Road,Plum, died Wednesday (Jan 25, 1984) in her residence.
Born Aug 10, 1897 in Plum, she was a daughter of David and Nancy Thompson Clements.
Mrs. Alter is survived by her husband, George C; a son, George S of Squirrel Hill; a daughter, Mrs William (Margaret) France of Plum; 7 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Harry and Thomas Clements; and 6 sisters, Margaret Daugherty, Luella Cunliffe, Vida Smith, Mamie Best, Ninnie Menk, and Agnes Clements.
Friends will be received today from 3-4 and 7-9 pm in the Morasco-Knee-Soxman Funeral home, 7450 Saltsburg Road, Penn Hills. Services will be conducted in the funeral home tomorrow at 11am by the Rev. Jack Lolla of Plum Creek Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in Plum Creek Cemetery.
More About GEORGE ALTER and REBECCA CLEMENTS:
Marriage: February 25, 1919
Children of REBECCA CLEMENTS and GEORGE ALTER are:
30. i. GEORGE CRAWFORD III5 ALTER.
31. ii. MARGARET LOUISE ALTER.
17. DAVID HARRISON4 CLEMENTS (NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born February 11, 1892. He married MARIE BAUER February 23, 1920, daughter of ANTHONY BAUER and ELLEN RIDENBAUGH. She was born February 07, 1894.
Notes for DAVID HARRISON CLEMENTS:
buried at Plum Creek Cemetery,New Texas,Allegheny Co PA
More About DAVID CLEMENTS and MARIE BAUER:
Marriage: February 23, 1920
Children of DAVID CLEMENTS and MARIE BAUER are:
32. i. HUDSON5 CLEMENTS, b. March 12, 1922.
33. ii. DAVID HARRISON CLEMENTS.
18. JOHN THOMPSON4 CLEMENTS (NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born July 03, 1888. He married ELVA LESLIE December 31, 1919.
Notes for JOHN THOMPSON CLEMENTS:
buried at Greenwood Memorial Park, Lower Burrell, Westmoreland Co, PA
More About JOHN CLEMENTS and ELVA LESLIE:
Marriage: December 31, 1919
Children of JOHN CLEMENTS and ELVA LESLIE are:
34. i. MERLE5 CLEMENTS.
ii. HAROLD CLEMENTS.
iii. NORMA JEAN CLEMENTS.
19. HARRY HOY4 THOMPSON (JOHN ALEXANDER3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born December 07, 1872, and died January 02, 1943. He married (1) ELVA EDNA MYERS March 03, 1896. She was born April 17, 1873, and died December 10, 1900. He married (2) ELSIE ANN LINDAU December 02, 1917. She was born December 28, 1883, and died February 19, 1938.
More About HARRY THOMPSON and ELVA MYERS:
Marriage: March 03, 1896
More About HARRY THOMPSON and ELSIE LINDAU:
Marriage: December 02, 1917
Child of HARRY THOMPSON and ELVA MYERS is:
i. JACOB KIMMEL5 THOMPSON, b. January 22, 1897; d. July 09, 1977; m. GRETA BERYL STEPHENS.
Children of HARRY THOMPSON and ELSIE LINDAU are:
ii. PAUL LINDAU5 THOMPSON, b. May 03, 1919; m. (1) RUTH FLOY BAUGHMAN; b. 1918; d. 1989; m. (2) ROSE MARIE RUTLEDGE.
iii. MARTHA JANE THOMPSON, b. September 05, 1921; m. PAUL HERMAN GREDING; b. February 28, 1922; d. November 05, 1997.
iv. ROBERT EDWARD THOMPSON, b. March 31, 1924; m. (1) MARTHA SCHULTZ; b. September 18, 1920; d. 1989; m. (2) MARGARET FOWLER.
20. FRANK CARL4 THOMPSON (JOHN ALEXANDER3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born November 08, 1878 in Ohio, and died April 17, 1958. He married NELLIE ADELLE MARSHALL. She was born Abt. 1878.
Children of FRANK THOMPSON and NELLIE MARSHALL are:
i. JOHN MARSHALL5 THOMPSON, b. 1905; m. ADELE STOCKINGS.
ii. THEODORE FRANK THOMPSON, b. 1907; d. 1966; m. (1) MARIAN BRAYMER; d. 1939; m. (2) AILEEN MCMONIES.
iii. FRANCES ADELLE THOMPSON, b. 1910; m. ROBERT RAYNOLDS.
21. ROD MCCLELLAND4 THOMPSON (JOHN ALEXANDER3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born November 10, 1881 in Ohio, and died January 07, 1971 in Ohio. He married LOLA MAY LYTLE. She was born September 10, 1886, and died August 19, 1959.
Children of ROD THOMPSON and LOLA LYTLE are:
i. VERA IVADALE5 THOMPSON, b. 1905; d. Aft. August 1997; m. ORVILLE CRUEY; b. 1897; d. 1945.
ii. OLAN ROSS THOMPSON, b. 1906; d. Aft. October 1988; m. FRANCES SUSAN BLACKBURN; b. Abt. 1907; d. 1986.
iii. HAROLD WADDEL THOMPSON, b. 1907; d. Bef. October 1988; m. MILDRED GLICK.
iv. MASON LAVERNE THOMPSON, b. 1920; d. 1988; m. JANET CATHERINE BOWER; d. Aft. September 1988.
v. RODNEY THOMAS THOMPSON, b. 1920; d. 1997; m. MAXINE MAY MILLER; d. Aft. August 1997.
22. RHODACELLA A4 THOMPSON (JAMES ALBERT3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born 1884, and died 1980. She married S BLAIR MERRIMAN. He died 1959.
Children of RHODACELLA THOMPSON and S MERRIMAN are:
i. WESTANNA FLORENCE5 MERRIMAN, d. 1957; m. ALBERT W BEST.
ii. WILBER THOMPSON MERRIMAN, d. 1963.
iii. GEORGE WAKEFIELD MERRIMAN, b. 1916; d. 1953.
23. OLIVER MURRAY4 THOMPSON (JOHN3, JAMES2, JOHN1) died 1953. He married ALICE GRACE BRUNNER 1900. She died 1918.
Notes for OLIVER MURRAY THOMPSON:
farmer, was well known in the Plum area, serving both on the Plum School Board and the board of Plum Creek Cemetery. He grew up in Patton Township.
Notes for ALICE GRACE BRUNNER:
died in the great influenza epidemic of 1918 leaving Oliver to raise their 6 children.
More About OLIVER THOMPSON and ALICE BRUNNER:
Children of OLIVER THOMPSON and ALICE BRUNNER are:
i. MARTHA5 THOMPSON, m. HENRY LANGER; d. 1985.
35. ii. TWILA THOMPSON, d. 1972.
36. iii. HELEN THOMPSON.
37. iv. JOHN MURRAY II THOMPSON.
v. GRACE THOMPSON, d. 1945; m. MYLES MCGOUGH.
vi. DONLEY THOMPSON.
Generation No. 5
24. GAYLE VIRGINIA5 BEST (MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born October 26, 1914 in New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co. She married GEORGE WILLIAM IMM April 10, 1937 in New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co, by Rev McCreary, son of EDWIN IMM and AIDA DAVIS. He was born January 23, 1915 in New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co, and died February 09, 1977 in New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
Notes for GAYLE VIRGINIA BEST:
born at 708 Seventh St, New Kensington, PA
Notes for GEORGE WILLIAM IMM:
OBITUARY: from Valley News Dispatch,New Kensington PA, Feb 10,1977:
"GEORGE W. IMM
George W. Imm, 62, of 175 Voscamp Ave, Logans Ferry, Plum, died at 1:30pm yesterday (Feb 9,1977) in his home of an apparent heart attack.
Mr Imm was born Jan 23, 1915 in New Kensington to Edwin and Ada Davis Imm.
A self-employed television repairman, Mr Imm formerly worked in the tube mill and shipping department of the Aluminum Co of America, New Kensington.
He was a member of the Reformed Presbyterian Church, North Hills.
Mr Imm is survived by his widow, Gayle Best Imm; two sons: George William of Mio Michigan, and Charles of Charlotte, NC; two daughters: Jane of Penn Hills and Mrs Wendell (Marilyn) Blair of Butler; three brothers: Harry and Calvin of Logans Ferry, and Robert of New Kensington; five sisters: Mrs Camiel (Dorothy) Stocker of Chicago, Mrs Donald (Mary Jane) Yockman and Mrs Jacob (Viola) Shank, both of Lower Burrell, and Mrs James (Elizabeth) Landis and Mrs Wilbur (Ruth) Schantz both of New Kensington; and seven grandchildren.
Two brothers, Edwin and Frederick, preceded him in death.
There will be no visitation in the funeral home, but a memorial service will be conducted at 10am Friday in the Frank F Gigler Funeral Home, 2877 Leechburg Road, Lower Burrell. His pastor, the Rev Gordon J Keddie will officiate. "
More About GEORGE WILLIAM IMM:
Cause of death (Facts Pg): Coronary
More About GEORGE IMM and GAYLE BEST:
Marriage: April 10, 1937, New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co, by Rev McCreary
Children of GAYLE BEST and GEORGE IMM are:
38. i. MARILYN GRACE6 IMM, b. April 19, 1947, New Kensington, PA Westmoreland County.
39. ii. GEORGE WILLIAM IMM, b. April 14, 1940, New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
iii. JANE MARIE IMM, b. April 20, 1945, New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
More About JANE MARIE IMM:
Education: Ken High School, New Kensington PA
Medical Information: fibromyalgia, hip replacement 1998
iv. CHARLES RAYMOND IMM, b. January 28, 1952, New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co.
25. LEILA GRACE5 BEST (MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born January 09, 1905 in Murrysville PA, and died December 24, 1955 in New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co. She married EDWARD MILES BINDER June 25, 1925 in home of Rev. Gibson, New Kensington, PA.
Notes for LEILA GRACE BEST:
born in Murrysville, PA, Allegheny Co.
died at home of cancer, buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, PA, Allegheny Co.
Grace Binder, 50, of Upper Burrell Township, Westmoreland County, PA died December 24, 1955 of cancer.
Born January 9, 1905 in Murrysville PA to Clarence M and Mamie (Clements) Best, she lived most of her life in New Kensington PA.
She married Edward Miles Binder on June 25, 1925 in the home of Rev Gibson in New Kensington.
Survivors include: her husband, Edward Binder; and a son Edward L Binder of New Kensington;mother, Mrs Mamie Clements Best; sisters,
Marie Leah of Arnold Pa, Gayle Imm of New Kensington, and Rebecca Jane Mouhat of California; brothers, George Best of New Kensington, Tom Best of Fox Chapel PA, and Robert C Best of California; and a number of nieces and nephews.
Preceded in death by infant daughter Beryl Jean Binder and her father, Clarence Best.
Burial at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, PA
More About EDWARD BINDER and LEILA BEST:
Marriage: June 25, 1925, home of Rev. Gibson, New Kensington, PA
Children of LEILA BEST and EDWARD BINDER are:
40. i. EDWARD LEROY6 BINDER.
ii. BERYL JEAN BINDER.
26. VIDA MARIE5 BEST (MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born December 28, 1909 in McKeesport, PA,Allegheny Co, and died November 26, 1985 in Emlenton PA,Venango Co. She married JOSEPH RICHARD LEAH December 24, 1930 in Wellsburg, WV.
Notes for VIDA MARIE BEST:
born at 1206 Locust St. McKeesport PA; died at home , Emlenton, PA, Venango Co, of coronary; buried at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas, Allegheny Co. PA
Marie V Leah, 75, resident of Emlenton PA since 1970, died of an apparent coronary at Franklin Regional Medical Center on November 26, 1985.
Daughter of Clarence and Mamie Clements Best, she was born December 28, 1909 in McKeesport PA, the family later relocating to New Kensington PA, Westmoreland County.
She married Joseph R Leah December 24, 1930.
She was a homemaker and a member of the Emlenton Presbyterian Church and the Over 55 Club.
Survivors include: her husband, Joseph R Leah of Emlenton; sons Joseph E Leah of Lower Burrell, Kenneth Leah of Irwin, and David Leah of Irvine, California; daughter Mrs Dieter (Annabelle) Uckert of Pound Ridge NY; a sister Mrs George (Gayle) Imm of Butler PA; a brother Robert C Best of Ontario California; four grandchildren and one great grandchild.
Preceded in death by: brothers George and Tom Best; sisters Grace Binder and Rebecca Mouhat; and her parents.
A memorial service was held at the Emlenton Presbyterian Church and burial was at the Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas PA.
Notes for JOSEPH RICHARD LEAH:
Mr Joseph R Leah, 93, of Vandergrift PA, formerly Emlenton PA, died January 24, 2001.
He was born Oct 11, 1907 in Greensburg PA Westmoreland County, son of Richard and Margaret Cline Leah.
He was retired after 40 years at ALCOA as a foreman in the remelt division.
He was a member of Emlenton UP Church and a charter member of the Emlenton Kiwanis Club where he held various offices including president.
He also was a member of the Emlenton Over 55 Club and was the 1993 Member of the Year.
He belonged to Allegheny Valley Lodge 552 F&AM and the Valley of New Castle Consistory.
He enjoyed hunting, fishing and flower gardening,and was a past member of the Chieftain Archery Club.
Survivors include three sons:
Joseph E Leah of Avonmore PA, Kenneth G Leah of Vandergrift PA, and David A Leah of Santa Ana CA;
a daughter, Annabelle Uckert of Pound Ridge NY;
5 grandchildren and several great grandchildren;
a brother, Robert Leah of Peoria Illinois; sisters
Marie Schrecengost and Edith Schlecot of Lower Burrell, Margaret Gancas of Meadville PA, and a number of nieces and nephews.
Marie V Leah, his wife, preceded him in death on Nov 26, 1985. They married in Wellsburg WVA on Dec 24, 1928.
Two brothers also preceded him in death.
Burial was at Plum Creek Cemetery, New Texas PA
More About JOSEPH LEAH and VIDA BEST:
Marriage: December 24, 1930, Wellsburg, WV
Children of VIDA BEST and JOSEPH LEAH are:
41. i. JOSEPH EDWARD6 LEAH.
ii. KENNETH GEORGE LEAH, m. SANDRA.
42. iii. ANNABELLE LEAH.
iv. DAVID ARTHUR LEAH, m. AGNES.
27. REBECCA JANE5 BEST (MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born April 25, 1916 in New Kensington PA , Westmoreland Co, and died November 16, 1966 in California. She married ALBERT ACHILLE MOUHAT January 16, 1941 in New Cumberland WVA.
Notes for REBECCA JANE BEST:
born at 708 Seventh St, New Kensington, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Died of complications of multiple sclerosis
Rebecca Best Mouhat, 50, formerly of New Kensington PA, died Nov. 16, 1966 in her home in Bell CA, after a lengthy illness.
Born April 25, 1916 in New Kensington, she was the daughter of the late Clarence M and Mamie Clements Best.
A long time resident of PA, she and her family moved to California in 1954.
She was a member of Atlantic Boulevard Methodist Church, Maywood CA.
Survivors include: her husband, Albert A. Mouhat; one daughter, Marie Nicolle Mouhat of Bell, CA; two brothers, Harry T. Best of Upper Burrell Township PA, and Robert C. Best of La Puente, CA; two sisters, Mrs. Joseph (Marie) Leah of Arnold PA, and Mrs. George (Gayle) Imm of New Kensington.
Besides her parents, she was preceded in death by her sister, Grace Binder, and her brother, George Best.
Burial was in Rose Hills Memorial Park.
More About ALBERT MOUHAT and REBECCA BEST:
Marriage: January 16, 1941, New Cumberland WVA
Child of REBECCA BEST and ALBERT MOUHAT is:
43. i. MARIE NICOLLE6 MOUHAT, b. February 05, 1942.
28. HARRY THOMPSON5 BEST (MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born June 26, 1918 in New Kensington PA , Westmoreland Co, and died November 06, 1984 in Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny Co. He married CONSTANCE COLLINS in by Justice of Peace, Maryland.
Notes for HARRY THOMPSON BEST:
born at 708 Seventh Street, New Kensington, Westmoreland Co PA;
died of stroke, buried at Lakewood Memorial Gardens, Indiana Twp, PA
" H Thompson "Tom" Best, a chemist of Gulf Oil Corp for 37 years, died Tuesday in West Penn Hospital.
Mr Best , 66, of Upper Burrell, had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage 10 days ago at the Pittsburgh Garden Club.
He was a project chemist in the analytical technology department at the Gulf Research Center in Harmarville when he retired in 1982. Since then, raising orchids became his primary interest.
He was a member of the Orchid Society of Western Pennsylvania; the American Society of Mass Spectrometry, and the Spectrometry Society of Pittsburgh.
Mr Best attended the University of Pittsburgh. he was a veteran of World War II, serving in the Army Air Corps as a gunner. He flew 76 combat missions over Europe before being discharged in July 1945.
Surviving are his wife , Constance C; two daughters, Janet Chisholm of Allison Park and Candace B Craig of Pittsburgh;three grandchildren, a brother Robert of Ontario California; and two sisters: Marie Leah of Emlenton, Venango County; and Gayle Imm of Butler.
Friends may call from 2 to 4 pm and 7 to 9pm tomorrow in the Richard G Churchfield Funeral Home, 501 Fifth Ave New Kensington. Services will be held at 10am Saturday in Fox chapel Presbyterian Church.
the family suggests memorial contributions may be made to Children's Hospital, 125 DeSoto St, Pittsburgh 15213."
More About HARRY BEST and CONSTANCE COLLINS:
Marriage: by Justice of Peace, Maryland
Children of HARRY BEST and CONSTANCE COLLINS are:
i. JANET6 BEST.
44. ii. CANDACE BEST.
29. ROBERT CLEMENTS5 BEST (MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born February 05, 1923 in New Kensington PA , Westmoreland Co. He married MARJORIE GUINAN in at home of Rev.Vincent Hartman, New Kensington, PA. She was born April 16, 1921.
Notes for ROBERT CLEMENTS BEST:
born at 708 Seventh St, New Kensington PA, Westmoreland Co
Robert Clements Best, 78, of Aliso Viejo California, died May 7, 2001, after a long bout with cancer.
Born Feb 5, 1923 in New Kensington PA, and a former resident of Apollo PA, he and his family moved to California in the early 1950s, and lived many years in Ontario, Orange County.
He married the former Marjorie Guinan, who preceded him in death on April 11, 1990.
Mr Best served as a US Navy pilot in WWII. He retired from SoCal Edison after a twenty five year career. He was a member of the Westminster Presbyterian Church of Ontario until he moved to Aliso Viejo.
He was dearly loved by all his family and all who knew him.
He is survived by a sister, Gayle Best Imm of Butler Pennsylvania; a son, Warren Michael Best of Rancho Cucamonga CA; a daughter, Elizabeth Ehrhardt of Novato CA; grandchildren, Carol Theiss, Nicole Pingley, Noel Ehrhardt, Christine, Robert and Amanda Best; great grandchildren, Haleigh Pingley and Sarah Theiss; and a number of nieces and nephews.
Besides his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents, Clarence and Mamie Clements Best, sisters Grace Binder, Rebecca Mouhat, Marie Leah,and brothers Tom and George Best.
Memorial services will be held at Coast Hills Church on May 17, 2001 at 11am.
The family suggests donations to the American Cancer Society in his memory.
Notes for MARJORIE GUINAN:
"Marjorie Best, 67, of Ontario, died April 11 at home. A homemaker, she was a native of Lincoln Nebraska, and an Ontario resident for 15 years. she was a World War II Navy veteran.
She was a member of the Westminster Presbyterian Church, Ontario.
She is survived by her husband, Robert C; a son, Warren M Best of Rancho Cucamonga; a daughter, Elizabeth Ehrhardt of Novato; two brothers: Warren Guinan of Deerfield, NH and Mark Guinan of Midland , TX; and six grandchildren.
Memorial services will be held at 12:30pm Saturday at Westminster Presbyterian Church, Ontario. Interment will be private.
Draper Mortuary is in charge of arrangements."
More About ROBERT BEST and MARJORIE GUINAN:
Marriage: at home of Rev.Vincent Hartman, New Kensington, PA
Children of ROBERT BEST and MARJORIE GUINAN are:
45. i. WARREN MICHAEL6 BEST, b. April 10, 1949, New Kensington PA.
46. ii. ELIZABETH DIANE BEST, b. January 26, 1951, New Kensington PA.
30. GEORGE CRAWFORD III5 ALTER (REBECCA ELVIRA4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) He married ALMA ISHERWOOD.
Children of GEORGE ALTER and ALMA ISHERWOOD are:
i. ELAINE6 ALTER.
ii. BEVERLY ALTER.
iii. SANDRA LEE ALTER.
iv. HOWARD GEORGE ALTER.
v. WILLIAM ALTER.
31. MARGARET LOUISE5 ALTER (REBECCA ELVIRA4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) She married WILLIAM FRANCE.
Children of MARGARET ALTER and WILLIAM FRANCE are:
i. MARCELLYN6 FRANCE, b. May 1953.
ii. ROBERT GEORGE FRANCE, b. October 1957.
32. HUDSON5 CLEMENTS (DAVID HARRISON4, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born March 12, 1922. He married BETTY BEIL, daughter of ROBERT BEIL and SUSAN LNU.
Obituaries For Friday, October 11, 2002
Rev. Hudson M. Clements
The Rev. Hudson M. Clements, 80, of New Kensington died Wednesday (Oct. 9, 2002) in the Alle-Kiski Medical Center (formerly Allegheny Valley Hospital), Harrison.
Born March 12, 1922, in New Kensington, he lived in the Valley most of his life.
Rev. Clements graduated from Thiel College, Greenville, and from the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Philadelphia. He was ordained by the Pittsburgh Synod in the First Lutheran Church, Pittsburgh, on Nov. 8, 1945.
A pastor of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, he was pastor of Calvary Lutheran Church in Arnold since 1972. Other churches at which he served include Trinity Lutheran in Butler, St. John Lutheran in Pittsburgh, where his great-grandfather pastored, Dobbs Ferry Lutheran Church in Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Trinity Lutheran Church in Valley Stream, Long Island, N.Y., and St. Peter Lutheran Church in Baltimore.
He was a recipient of the Humanitarian of the Year award presented by the Arnold Chamber of Commerce; retired a sizable mortgage at Dobbs Ferry Lutheran Church, and was an honorary member of the Submarine Corps in Valley Stream.
He enjoyed reading.
Survivors include his wife of 26 years, Isabelle Marie Latona Lettrich Clements; six sons, H. Marshall (Diane) Clements of Levittown, Long Island, N.Y., David Mark Clements of Ripley, N.Y., Luther Paul Clements of Holiday, Fla., Jonathan Emory (Loretta) Clements of Plum, Joseph R. (Deborah) Lettrich of Allegheny Township, and Jeffrey John (Theresa) Lettrich of Allison Park; a daughter, Mrs. Beth Jane (Wayne) Eriksen of Charlotte, N.C.; 17 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, David Harrison "Harry" Sr. and Marie Bauer Clements, and a brother, Dr. David H. Clements.
Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. today and Saturday at the RUSIEWICZ OF LOWER BURRELL FUNERAL HOME, 3124 Leechburg Road at Alder Street, where parting prayers will be said at 12:45 p.m. Sunday. Funeral services will follow at 1:30 p.m. in Calvary Lutheran Church, 1721 Victoria Ave., Arnold, with Bishop Donald J. McCoid, Bishop of the Southwestern PA Synod, and the Rev. Richard Grance, officiating. Burial will follow in Plum Creek Cemetery, Plum. The family suggests memorial contributions be made in care of Calvary Lutheran Church in Arnold.
Children of HUDSON CLEMENTS and BETTY BEIL are:
i. HUDSON MARSHALL6 CLEMENTS, b. November 07, 1946.
ii. DAVID MARK CLEMENTS, b. December 30, 1947.
iii. LUTHER PAUL CLEMENTS, b. June 09, 1949.
iv. BETH JANE CLEMENTS, b. May 23, 1955.
33. DAVID HARRISON5 CLEMENTS (DAVID HARRISON4, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) He married GERTRUDE MILLER.
Children of DAVID CLEMENTS and GERTRUDE MILLER are:
i. DAVID HARRISON III6 CLEMENTS, b. October 12, 1953.
ii. ERIC MITCHELL CLEMENTS, b. May 25, 1955.
iii. KURT SIGMUND CLEMENTS, b. April 10, 1957.
iv. PETER WOLFGANG CLEMENTS, b. June 08, 1958.
34. MERLE5 CLEMENTS (JOHN THOMPSON4, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) He married BETTY SMITH.
Child of MERLE CLEMENTS and BETTY SMITH is:
i. MERLE6 CLEMENTS.
35. TWILA5 THOMPSON (OLIVER MURRAY4, JOHN3, JAMES2, JOHN1) died 1972. She married ORIN SAMPSON.
Children of TWILA THOMPSON and ORIN SAMPSON are:
i. MYLES6 SAMPSON.
ii. BEN SAMPSON.
36. HELEN5 THOMPSON (OLIVER MURRAY4, JOHN3, JAMES2, JOHN1) She married HERBERT CLEMENTS.
Child of HELEN THOMPSON and HERBERT CLEMENTS is:
i. EVELYN C6 CLEMENTS, m. FNU O'BRIEN.
37. JOHN MURRAY II5 THOMPSON (OLIVER MURRAY4, JOHN3, JAMES2, JOHN1) He married FLORENCE HAMILTON.
Notes for JOHN MURRAY II THOMPSON:
Lived his entire life in Plum and was owner of Thompson Survey Service.
Children of JOHN THOMPSON and FLORENCE HAMILTON are:
i. JOHN MURRAY III6 THOMPSON.
ii. GEORGE HAMILTON THOMPSON.
iii. MARGARET ANN THOMPSON.
Generation No. 6
38. MARILYN GRACE6 IMM (GAYLE VIRGINIA5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born April 19, 1947 in New Kensington, PA Westmoreland County. She married WENDELL PAUL BLAIR June 21, 1969 in New Kensington, PA,Manchester RPC by Rev. Robt Fullerton, son of PAUL BLAIR and EVELYN GROVE. He was born August 13, 1944 in Grove City , Butler County PA.
More About MARILYN GRACE IMM:
Education: 1969, Citizens General Hospital School of Nursing
More About WENDELL PAUL BLAIR:
Education: 1962, Knoch High School
Military service: Bet. 1968 - 1969, Viet Nam
Children of MARILYN IMM and WENDELL BLAIR are:
47. i. PAUL HENRY II7 BLAIR, b. April 12, 1971, Natrona Heights PA Allegheny County.
ii. JENNIFER JANE BLAIR, b. August 17, 1973, Natrona Heights, PA, Allegheny County; m. KEITH WILLIAM VULHOP, September 02, 2000, United Methodist Church, Butler PA by Rev J David Panther; b. May 02, 1972, Covington, KY.
More About JENNIFER JANE BLAIR:
Accomplishments: 1994, Butler County Dairy Princess
Education: 1991, Knoch High School
Nickname: J.J. , J2, Jen
More About KEITH WILLIAM VULHOP:
Education: Bet. 1985 - 1987, Covington Latin School
Military service: Bet. 1992 - 1999, Army with service in Bosnia
More About KEITH VULHOP and JENNIFER BLAIR:
Marriage: September 02, 2000, United Methodist Church, Butler PA by Rev J David Panther
48. iii. WENDY JOY BLAIR, b. November 01, 1975, Natrona Heights , PA Allegheny County.
iv. AMANDA MARIE BLAIR, b. August 16, 1977, Natrona Heights, PA, Allegheny County.
More About AMANDA MARIE BLAIR:
Accomplishments: 1998, EMT certified
Education: 1996, Knoch High School
39. GEORGE WILLIAM6 IMM (GAYLE VIRGINIA5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born April 14, 1940 in New Kensington PA Westmoreland Co. He married CAROL ANN HAGADORN August 18, 1962 in in Johannesburg,MI, Hetherton RPC by Rev Ray Hemphill, daughter of EDWARD HAGADORN and DOROTHY ELSEY. She was born May 14, 1939 in Johannesburg MI.
Notes for GEORGE WILLIAM IMM:
math and science teacher in Mio MI for many years; now living in Cadillac,MI;
More About GEORGE WILLIAM IMM:
Education: Ken High School, New Kensington PA
More About CAROL ANN HAGADORN:
Education: Geneva College
More About GEORGE IMM and CAROL HAGADORN:
Marriage: August 18, 1962, in Johannesburg,MI, Hetherton RPC by Rev Ray Hemphill
Children of GEORGE IMM and CAROL HAGADORN are:
i. PAUL EDWARD7 IMM, b. January 12, 1964, Ravenna Ohio.
49. ii. REBECCA GAYLE IMM, b. January 31, 1966, Grayling MI.
iii. ANDREW DAVID IMM, b. March 17, 1970, West Branch MI; m. CAROL ANN RUTHERFORD, July 29, 2000, Barstow CA.
More About ANDREW DAVID IMM:
Military service: US Army
More About CAROL ANN RUTHERFORD:
Education: Electrician Technical Degree
iv. CHRISTY NOELLE IMM, b. December 14, 1974, West Branch MI; m. JEREMY KENT STOCKWELL, March 01, 1997, Anderson IN; b. May 28, 1974, Crawfordsville IN.
Notes for CHRISTY NOELLE IMM:
1997 BS in Family Science , minor in Christian Ministries, Anderson University
More About CHRISTY NOELLE IMM:
Education: 1997, BS Family Science , Anderson University
Notes for JEREMY KENT STOCKWELL:
BS in Music Business from Anderson University , May 1996
More About JEREMY KENT STOCKWELL:
Education: 1996, BS Music Business, Anderson University
40. EDWARD LEROY6 BINDER (LEILA GRACE5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) He married SHIRLEY ELLEN REPINE May 27, 1961 in Westminster UP ch, New Kensington PA, daughter of JESSE L REPINE.
Notes for EDWARD LEROY BINDER:
Eddie, "Smiley", Binder, 47, of Upper Burrell Township, Westmoreland County PA, died June 18, 1976 in Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA of a stroke.
Son of Edward M and Grace Best Binder, he was born
in Parnassus PA on November 17, 1928.
He was an Assistant Army Chaplain during the Korean Conflict.
He was employed as a bricklayer for Allegheny Ludlum Steel Company, Brackenridge Works.
He was a member of the United Presbyterian Church of New Kensington, the Men's Church School Class, and served as a Sunday school teacher and a deacon.
He was a member and previous Noble Grand of the New Kensington Lodge 804 of the independant Order of Odd Fellows.
Survivors include: his wife, Shirley Repine Binder; a son, Thomas Binder at home; and his father Edward Binder of Grove City PA.
Preceded in death by his mother, Grace Binder and a sister, Beryl Jean Binder.
Burial was at Greenwood Memorial Park, Lower Burrell PA.
More About EDWARD BINDER and SHIRLEY REPINE:
Marriage: May 27, 1961, Westminster UP ch, New Kensington PA
Child of EDWARD BINDER and SHIRLEY REPINE is:
i. THOMAS E7 BINDER, m. MICHELE LEBAY.
41. JOSEPH EDWARD6 LEAH (VIDA MARIE5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) He married JANET WATTERS.
Children of JOSEPH LEAH and JANET WATTERS are:
i. JOSEPH SAMUEL7 LEAH.
50. ii. JILL ANN LEAH.
42. ANNABELLE6 LEAH (VIDA MARIE5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) She married (1) DIETER UCKERT. She married (2) NORMAN PREVATTE.
Child of ANNABELLE LEAH and DIETER UCKERT is:
i. MATTHEW JOSEPH7 UCKERT.
Children of ANNABELLE LEAH and NORMAN PREVATTE are:
ii. CHRISTOPHER7 PREVATTE.
iii. NICOLE PREVATTE.
43. MARIE NICOLLE6 MOUHAT (REBECCA JANE5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born February 05, 1942. She married ROBERT ALLEN PATA.
Children of MARIE MOUHAT and ROBERT PATA are:
i. ANNSLEY NICOLLE7 PATA, b. March 06, 1978.
ii. NATHAN WILLIAM PATA, b. July 14, 1974.
44. CANDACE6 BEST (HARRY THOMPSON5, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) She married JOHN CRAIG.
Children of CANDACE BEST and JOHN CRAIG are:
i. LINDSAY GUTSCHALL7 CRAIG.
ii. EMILY CRAIG.
45. WARREN MICHAEL6 BEST (ROBERT CLEMENTS5, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born April 10, 1949 in New Kensington PA. He married VICTORIA GEYGER. She was born May 05, 1951.
Children of WARREN BEST and VICTORIA GEYGER are:
i. CHRISTINE MARIE7 BEST, b. March 13, 1982.
ii. ROBERT MICHAEL BEST, b. September 04, 1985.
iii. AMANDA LEE BEST, b. November 05, 1987.
46. ELIZABETH DIANE6 BEST (ROBERT CLEMENTS5, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born January 26, 1951 in New Kensington PA. She married DAVID ROGER EHRHARDT. He was born June 23, 1946.
Children of ELIZABETH BEST and DAVID EHRHARDT are:
51. i. CAROL ANN7 EHRHARDT, b. May 09, 1970.
52. ii. NICOLE LEIGH EHRHARDT, b. March 25, 1975.
iii. NOEL MARIE EHRHARDT, b. December 08, 1977.
Generation No. 7
47. PAUL HENRY II7 BLAIR (MARILYN GRACE6 IMM, GAYLE VIRGINIA5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born April 12, 1971 in Natrona Heights PA Allegheny County. He married AMY LOUISE DIETRICH November 13, 1994 in By Rev Robert McCracken at Manchester RPC, Lower Burrell, PA, Westmoreland County, daughter of DAVID DIETRICH and JOYCE GARRIS. She was born January 18, 1970 in Butler PA Butler County.
Notes for PAUL HENRY II BLAIR:
1992 graduate of Ohio Diesel Tech in Cleveland Ohio.
Graduated at top of class, good citizen award.
Knoch High School FFA 1989 president.
More About PAUL HENRY II BLAIR:
Education: 1989, Knoch High School
More About AMY LOUISE DIETRICH:
Accomplishments: Butler High School National Honor Society
Education: Butler High School
More About PAUL BLAIR and AMY DIETRICH:
Marriage: November 13, 1994, By Rev Robert McCracken at Manchester RPC, Lower Burrell, PA, Westmoreland County
Children of PAUL BLAIR and AMY DIETRICH are:
i. JOYCE ELLEN8 BLAIR, b. July 01, 1997, North Hills Passavant Hosp, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny County.
ii. PAUL HENRY BLAIR III, b. February 16, 1999, North Hills Passavant Hosp, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny County.
iii. DANIEL GARRIS BLAIR, b. January 17, 2001, North Hills Passavant Hosp, Pittsburgh PA, Allegheny County.
48. WENDY JOY7 BLAIR (MARILYN GRACE6 IMM, GAYLE VIRGINIA5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born November 01, 1975 in Natrona Heights , PA Allegheny County. She married CORY JAY VALENTINE June 20, 1998 in College Hill Reformed Presby Church, Beaver Falls, PA by Rev Tim Russell, son of JAMES VALENTINE and VICKIE GATTON. He was born August 03, 1975 in Johnson City, NY.
More About WENDY JOY BLAIR:
Education: 1998, Geneva College, Speech Therapy
Notes for CORY JAY VALENTINE:
Diehard Yankee fan
More About CORY JAY VALENTINE:
Accomplishments: Eagle Scout
Education: 1998, Geneva College, cum laude, Elementary Education
More About CORY VALENTINE and WENDY BLAIR:
Marriage: June 20, 1998, College Hill Reformed Presby Church, Beaver Falls, PA by Rev Tim Russell
Child of WENDY BLAIR and CORY VALENTINE is:
i. ISAAC JOSIAH8 VALENTINE, b. May 24, 2000, Johnson City, NY,Broome County.
ii. ESTHER JOY VALENTINE, b. July 13, 2002, Johnson City , NY, Broome County
49. REBECCA GAYLE7 IMM (GEORGE WILLIAM6, GAYLE VIRGINIA5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born January 31, 1966 in Grayling MI. She married RAYMOND COX in Cinncinnati OH.
More About RAYMOND COX and REBECCA IMM:
Marriage: Cinncinnati OH
Children of REBECCA IMM and RAYMOND COX are:
i. NATHAN CHRISTOPHER8 COX, b. September 24, 1992, Ohio.
ii. AARON JOSIAH COX, b. November 03, 2000, Ohio.
Child of CHRISTY IMM and JEREMY STOCKWELL is
i. HANNAH RUTH STOCKWELL b. Feb 13, 2002 in Anderson IN
Child of ANDREW and CAROL IMM is
i. KATHERINE GAYLE IMM b. October 1, 2002 in Indianapolis IN
50. JILL ANN7 LEAH (JOSEPH EDWARD6, VIDA MARIE5 BEST, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) She married ALAN HOLBEN.
Child of JILL LEAH and ALAN HOLBEN is:
i. GRACE8 HOLBEN.
51. CAROL ANN7 EHRHARDT (ELIZABETH DIANE6 BEST, ROBERT CLEMENTS5, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born May 09, 1970. She married STEVE THEISS.
Child of CAROL EHRHARDT and STEVE THEISS is:
i. SARAH8 THEISS.
52. NICOLE LEIGH7 EHRHARDT (ELIZABETH DIANE6 BEST, ROBERT CLEMENTS5, MARY NAN MCKNIGHT4 CLEMENTS, NANCY JANE3 THOMPSON, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born March 25, 1975. She married KEITH PINGLEY.
Child of NICOLE EHRHARDT and KEITH PINGLEY is:
i. HALEIGH8 PINGLEY.